alright peeps, so i’m invited to help host a co-worker’s baby shower and i’m automatically tagged “the young girl” who doesn’t know anything about babies…maybe due to my question of what kind of cocktail we wanted to serve… so i decided to prove them wrong and make a diaper wreath. and you can too! it was pretty fun and super easy!
- 1 pack of Newborn or Size 1 diapers (prepare yourself, these babies are not cheap)
- 2 rolls of different color curling ribbon (i used pink & orange to coordinate with the shower theme)
- 1 roll of thick satin ribbon (for the hanger – again, used pink)
- 1 styrofoam wreath form – at least the 16″ size
- Small rubber bands
- Various baby “ornaments” to accessorize with (hair bows, teething rings, pacifiers, etc.)
- Unfold the diapers
- Wrap the diaper around the wreath form so that the crease is towards the middle of the wreath
- Secure the diaper ends together with a rubber band (that’s right…just like a pony tail)
- Add the rest of the diapers around the wreath form – you can either scrunch them together or slightly overlap them so the styrofoam doesn’t show through
- Once the entire wreath is covered, use the curling ribbon to tie on top of the rubber bands (covering them up)
- Don’t forget to curl your ribbon with the straight edge of your scissors!
- Accessorize with the baby stuff (use left over curling ribbon to secure on to the wreath)
- Tie satin ribbon around the top of the wreath to be used as the hanger
- Strut your stuff as you walk into that baby shower and shock all of the other, mature hostesses